V. Rose Wambsganss
V. Rose Wambsganss
email@example.com ‡ firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a communications position that will allow me to utilize my understanding of editing and journalism skills while demonstrating my project management, research and graphic design abilities.
Bachelor of Arts - Mass Communications Dec. 2012
Colorado State University-Pueblo, Pueblo, CO 3.8/4.0
Emphasis: Integrated Communications and Journalism
Honors: 4 semesters Deans List, Cum Laude
Associates of General Studies - Communications May 2010
Pueblo Community College, Pueblo, CO 3.9/4.0
Honors: Magna Cum Laude and Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- Published magazine author.
- Marketing, advertising and graphic design guest lecturer at Colorado State University - Pueblo.
- Society of Professional Journalism Mark of Excellence Award winner for best publication, comprehensive coverage, and graphic design – magazine (2013).
- 25% membership sales through 2013-2014 directly resulted from search engine optimization.
- Executed video & radio commercial from script to production.
- Secured local radio public service announcements for an event.
- Exceeded fundraising goals by 20% for charitable non-profit.
- Procured a $120,000 Google grant for a non-profit.
Apartment Association of Southern Colorado July 2013 – Sept. 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Director of Marketing and Advertising
- Create and manage event promotions with committee collaboration.
- ROI marketing analytics with quarterly reports.
- Advertising and sponsorship sales with small gift acquisition.
- Public relations and media scheduling for radio and television.
- Quarterly publication and annual 500 page tabbed directory.
- Website master – promotion, layout, design and analytics.
- Mass mailings, database maintenance, and budget tracking.
- Bid acquisition, management and negotiation.
- Managed 12 annual event publications and display materials.
Contract Graphic Design Services, LLC. May 2012 – July 2013
Graphic Designer/Marketing Sales
- Work independently with clients on marketing strategy and design.
- Author and produce all bids for state procurement jobs.
- Created spec work to acquire new clientele.
- Budget tracking.
The Pueblo Chieftain
Advertising Design Internship Sept. 2012 – Dec. 2012
- Create local advertisements for various clients.
- Collaborated with sales providing ads that reach client marketing goals.
- Create marketing materials for the Pueblo Chieftain.
- Created a 22-page InDesign publication for Silver Queen event.
- Created a logo design for Silver Queen event.
- Event planning.
SAP (formerly Khimetrics) Sept. 2003 – Dec. 2005
Contract Data Analyst
- Database maintenance and technical implementation based on client specifications.
- Maintained seasonal price coding for effective sales growth.
- Set price points for various products for clients.
Mac OS X, Windows 7 and prior, and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. Adobe Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Flash and Dreamweaver. Various website builders, mass emailing, social media management programs and video design packages to include Wordpress, Constant Contact, iMovie, Microsoft Movie Maker, Animoto and Final Cut Pro. I possess the ability to learn new software programs with ease.
Please view my portfolio and visit my LinkedIn page for more information on volunteering and interests www.linkedin.com/pub/rose-wambsganss/3/561/5/.
Mac OS X, Windows 7 and prior, and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. Adobe Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Flash and Dreamweaver. Various website builders and video design packages to include Wordpress, iMovie, Microsoft Movie Maker, Animoto and Final Cut Pro. I possess the ability to learn new software programs with ease.